Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Rome and the Trevi Fountain

I guest posted on my friend Nicole's blog recently about Italy.  Be sure to go check out her blog- Nicole's Favorites

In case you missed it here is my post about Rome and the Trevi Fountain!


My dream trip had always been to go to Italy and I finally made it there to celebrate my birthday a couple years ago.  Our first stop was Rome and the city was everything I hoped it would be and more.  I was enthralled with the city the first moment I set my eyes on it, so much in fact that my friend kept remarking that I did not listen to half the things she said during our time there.  How could I listen when there was so much beauty to take in all around us? 

On the top of my not to be missed list was Rome's (if not the world's) most famous fountain, the Trevi Fountain.  We made our way through the streets passing bustling cafes, shops, fruit and vegetable stands and little old men roasting chestnuts.  I knew we were close when we saw a crowd of people and suddenly the Trevi Fountain was right in front of us.  Until then I only knew it from the movies La Dolce Vita and Roman Holiday.  It was incredible and I could have stayed there all day taking it all in and people watching.

According to the legend, if you throw a coin into the fountain you ensure your return to Rome.  Not taking any chances I made sure to throw a coin in to make sure I would be back in Rome someday.  We even returned that evening to see it in the dark.  There was still a crowd and we stayed awhile to rest our feet after a long day exploring Rome.  The calming sound of the rushing water was just what we needed to recharge.

The Trevi Fountain was a highlight of the trip and perhaps my return to Rome will be soon since I am beginning to plan another trip to Italy.

                                         Ciao!
                                         Chrissy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!