Monday, January 31, 2011

Estia for Restaurant Week

I already posted about my Center City Restaurant Week dinner at Buddakan, but the week before I went to Estia for a Restaurant Week lunch.  For lunch you get the same three courses, but for only $20.  Estia is a Greek restaurant across from the Academy of Music.  Each year I see it listed as a Restaurant Week choice, but only got around to going there this year.
When I walked into Estia I instantly felt like I was back in Europe.  The atmosphere is authentic and the live Greek music added a nice touch and made it even more lively.  Unfortunately, I did not take pictures of our food.  I am still trying to remember to take pictures all the time for the blog.

Each table gets a plate of delicious hummus and bread.  For the appetizers we had calamari and chicken soup.  The calamari looked tasty and the freshly made soup was perfect on a freezing cold day.  We even tried the spanakopita (Greek spinach pie) and found it to be just the right amount of cheese and spinach.  Then for the main course we each got the Sea Bass.  Apparently I can't get enough of sea bass these days.  It was cooked nicely and served over vegetables.  When it came time for dessert we ordered the bread pudding, but they gave us karidopita which is a traditional walnut honey cake and we weren't too upset since we enjoyed it.

Overall, we had a good experience at Estia and I would definitely like to go back, especially when I want to feel like I am back in Europe without the expensive plane ticket.

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment!